Seating is limited. Registering online ensures a seat.
- M.S. Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering), University of Texas at El Paso, 2000
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Texas at El Paso, 1998
PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION & CERTIFICATION
- Professional Engineer –Texas, Oklahoma
Mr. Lomas’ experience over the past 17 years includes roles as lead consultant, project manager and principal consultant and reviewer for all phases of geotechnical investigations. Mr. Lomas has vast experience with geotechnical problems and solutions for the Texas-Oklahoma-Louisiana area, his experience includes projects for the private sector as well as for municipalities, school districts, hospitals, and state and federal agencies.
As Brach manager of the Dallas office, Mr. Lomas oversee the day to day operations of the south region, including development and maintenance of clients, contract negotiations, performance, staff development, and quality of work, among others. As a principal consultant he is responsible for technical accuracy, as well as the ethical and timely delivery of services.
A sample of his project experience is presented below:
- Forensic investigation at Various Streets and Alleys. Fort Worth and Dallas, Texas. Project manager and report reviewer for forensic evaluation of street failures over utility trenches such as water, wastewater and sewer lines.
- Kohl’s Department Stores. Various Locations in Texas. Lead geotechnical engineer for investigation, monitoring and remediation of buildings, pavements and sidewalks in soils-related structural distress. Forensic investigation and monitoring or floor slab distress of existing store.
- Barbaree Boulevard. Dallas, Texas. Lead geotechnical engineer for the City of Dallas for evaluation, assessment and remediation recommendations for sever pavement and pipeline distress.
- Staybridge Suites. Irving, Texas. Evaluation and assessment of 4 story hotel with postconstruction heave/settlement throughout building, pavement, swimming pool.
- Retaining Wall Monitoring. Plano, Texas. Installation of instrumentation and monitoring of cut slope for access ramp along Dallas North Toll Road.
- North Tarrant Pipeline. Tarrant County, Texas. Manager for geotechnical soil exploration and testing for directional boring of petroleum and gas pipeline within Tarrant County. Extensive coordination with underground utility locate agencies and municipalities.
- North Tarrant Expressway Reconstruction. Fort Worth, Texas. Manager for geotechnical soil exploration, testing and analysis. Extensive coordination with underground utility locate agencies.
- Sylvan Avenue Drainage Improvements. Dallas, Texas. Project manager for geotechnical exploration including drilling, utility locations, analysis and recommendations.
- Stonebrook Parkway Extension. Extension of Stonebrook Parkway in Frisco, Texas. The project included extension of the road, with major cuts to extend the road under an existing and proposed railroad bridge. A bridge for a section of the road passing over protected wet lands. Retaining walls of various heights along the road. A new track was required for construction of the new railroad bridge.
- State Highway 121 at Arborlawn. Intersection of the proposed extension of State Highway 121 at Arborlawn Road in Fort Worth, Texas. Retaining walls for the intersection and pavement recommendations.
- Park and Ride Facility. Development of a park and ride facility for the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) in conjunction with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) in Grand Prairie, Texas. The project included main building for passengers, paved parking areas, relocation of existing retaining walls, slope stability analysis for new retaining walls, realignment and extension of IH-30 access road.
- Love Field Fuel Station. New fuel station at Love Field airport in Dallas, Texas. The project required working within an existing an operating fuel station with above ground and underground fuel pipes and tanks. Recommendations for above ground and below ground fuel storage tanks, maintenance buildings and office space.
- La Villita. La Villita mixed-used development in Irving, Texas. The project included, apartment buildings, single family residences, town homes, elementary and middle schools, community swimming pools and recreation center, recreation lake, detention ponds and retaining walls. The site was built on top of existing industrial waste land fill. Major site grading and deep fill analysis was required.
- The Woodlands Mixed Use Development. Mixed used development in The Woodlands, Texas including single family homes, apartment complexes, senior living facilities, office and retail space, with detention ponds, access roads and parking areas. Project was built on extremely soft sandy soils. Seasonal timing was incorporated in the design recommendations.
- Dallas Independent School District. Various schools, stadiums, art facilities, athletic/administration facilities as part of capital improvement bond programs.
- Fort Worth Independent School District. Various schools, additions, athletic and administration facilities, training fields as part of capital improvement bond programs.
- Frisco Independent School District, School No.8. High School with class rooms, cafeteria, gymnasium, etc. Project included athletic track, football field, tennis courts, access roads and parking areas. Major grade changes at the site required retaining walls of various heights.
- Proposed Music Hall. New Music Hall at Texas A&M Commerce along with paved parking areas and drives.
- Brookhaven College. Construction of new Science Building at Brookhaven College in Farmers Branch, Texas. Below grade construction required along with retaining walls, access roads and paved parking areas.
- Restaurants. Various locations throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Colorado and New Mexico. Geotechnical engineer for development and construction of new franchise restaurant developments.
- Storage Facilities. Various locations throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Colorado and New Mexico. Geotechnical engineer for development and construction of storage facilities.
- Big-Box Developments. Various locations throughout Texas and Oklahoma. Geotechnical engineer for development and construction of new retail developments.
- Drury Inn & Suites. Fifteen story hotel building in Richardson, Texas with multi-story parking garage. The project included a detached restaurant building and pavement.
- In-N-Out Distribution Center. Distribution Center for In-N-Out Burgers in Lancaster, Texas. The project include main warehouse building, office space, waste water treatment plant, truck scale, paved parking and drives, and very strict specifications for post-construction soil movements.