Construction Materials Testing Supervisor
Seating is limited. Registering online ensures a seat.
• M.S. Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering), University of Texas at El Paso, 2000
• ACI Level I Field Testing Technician
• Troxler Nuclear Gauge Certification / Radiation Safety Officer
• NICET Level II – Soils Associate Engineering Technician
• NICET Level II – Concrete Associate Engineering Technician
Mr. Duncan has more than 20 years of professional experience in construction materials testing inspection and report writing. He directs and schedules activities of field and laboratory technicians and also prepares proposals for construction materials observation and testing projects.
As a Project Manager for the Construction Materials Testing division, his responsibilities include monitoring costs for the inspection activities, scheduling testing activities, monitoring the projects’ progress, and writing and reviewing testing reports for accuracy and compliance with project specifications. His project management experience includes:
• Bombardier – Learjet Service Center at Love Field Airport - Dallas, Texas
• Senior Assisted Living Facilities - Multiple projects in Texas
• Municipal Water Storage Tanks - Multiple projects in Texas
• City of Dallas Contract - 100+ projects for Pipeline Replacements (Water Utilities Dept.), Aquarium at Fair Park (Parks and Rec. Dept.), Park Improvements (Parks-Pegasus URS), Alley Reconstruction (Public Works Dept.)
• Public Storage Facilities – Frisco, Texas
As a Senior Field Technician, Mr. Duncan has experience performing field construction materials observation and testing of asphalt, aggregate, soils, concrete, concrete reinforcement, pier installation, masonry wall construction and lime stabilization. He also performs laboratory testing of soil and concrete. His major project experience includes:
• Veterans Administration Hospital, Dallas, Texas - Lead technician for a $100 million project consisting of a seven-story clinical addition and a two-story spinal cord injury center with over a million square feet of floor space.
• Wal-Mart Supercenters, Multiple projects in Texas & Oklahoma - Technician on several $10 million buildings constructed of structural steel and concrete masonry unit walls on pier and beam foundations.
Mr. Duncan has also performed Site & Parking Lot Evaluations that include identifying pavement failures for both concrete and asphalt pavements, broken curbing, dumpster pads and sidewalks. Inspections include noting potential trip hazards, surface drainage issues, need for wheel stops, concrete pavement joint sealers, fading signage, fencing and failing retaining structures.
Mr. Duncan also provides site evaluations for compliance with local, state and federal ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) regulations. Inspections include ramp, sidewalk, parking stall, and access aisle sloping, signage heights and site accessibility. His project experience includes:
• Chili’s Grill & Bar Restaurants - 35+ projects in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas and Florida
• Cinemark Movie Theatre - West Monroe, Louisiana & Grand Prairie, Texas