Seating is limited. Registering online ensures a seat.
Mr. Alfredo Valdez is the President of American Safety Group and a certified Licensed Gas Tester. He oversees a team of over 50 professional Health and Safety Officers and personnel for the Construction Safety and Tunneling Industry. Alfredo brings over 15 years’ experience in environmental, health and safety consulting, management and safety critical roles across the US on heavy civil construction projects with strong experience in tunneling. This work has covered emergency services, transport, government, construction and service in the United States Marine Corps and post military. Alfredo’s roles have covered all vital safety requirements from critical response, investigations, regulatory auditing and senior management of workplace safety.
Alfredo is knowledgeable in the management of environmental, health and safety programs and departments, process safety management, human resources management, Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) Development and Management, implementing safety programs and procedures, preparation of AHAs, site inspections, advising management of any deficiencies, safety training, accident investigation and reporting and safety inspection to ensure compliance.
Additional experience include conducting and supervising on-site management staff, assisting in technical submittal reviews, and on-site inspections. Tunnel project safety audits. Inlet tunnels and shafts where classified as potentially gassy. Tunnel methods drill and blasting, roader head, tunnels supported with steel set. As Safety Manager, Mr. Valdez conducts audits of gas testing techniques, ventilation and airflow measurements, fire prevention, and implementing the specific IIPP. Alfredo’s experience encompasses:
• workplace investigations involving fatalities
• safety management system evaluation, development and improvement
• development of consultative processes in business
• auditing in safety and quality Control
• identifying and advising senior management in achieving due diligence requirements for Cal OSHA regulations and State laws
• linking corporate safety with operational safety needs
• implementation of risk management practices
• development of workplace inspection methodology
Mr. Valdez is an authorized Safety Trainer for a wide variety of OSHA and additional Safety Industry Certifications. The ASG Training Academy includes training in the following courses:
• Fall Protection Scaffolding Confined Space LOTO
• 30hr OSHA
• 10hr OSHA
• Haz-Woper 8 to 40hr PART 46/48
• Tunnel Safety Sub Part 8 Mine Rescue Training
• Gas Tester Course
• Competent Person EM385-1-1 40 Hour
• CPR/FIRST AID